At Bronze we take our customers privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below. Our Privacy Statement fully complies with the Privacy Act 1988 and represents the industry’s best practice.
Personal information collected
BRONZE does not sell, share or trade customers’ personal information collected online with third parties. Personal information collected online is for internal use only.
- 1. Name
- 2. Gender
- 3. Date of birth
- 4. Contact information including email address
- 5. Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- 6. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
The personal information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:
- 1. To deliver the products you have purchased from BRONZE
- 2. To update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes
- 3. To provide you with relevant product information
- 4. Internal record keeping.
- 5. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- 6. We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- 7. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
When you register as a user on bronze.com.au, we will also use your personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials. Permission is granted under the ACMA Spam Act 2003, using Inferred Consent which states that "Through an existing business or other relationship, where there is a reasonable expectation of receiving those commercial electronic messages."
Updating Your Personal Information
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account at bronze.com.au
Security of Your Personal Information
BRONZE ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access BRONZE uses 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit BRONZE, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- 1. Your computer's IP address
- 2. Browser type
- 3. Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site
- 4. The pages within bronze.com.au that you visit
- 5. The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not share your information with any other organisations without your permission. In exceptional circumstances BRONZE may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes. BRONZE is committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the National Privacy principles.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
About Breaches of Privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by BRONZE please contact us at email@example.com and we will resolve the issue.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for email marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by opting out using the unsubscibe button in the email communication
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
BRONZE reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time, without notification. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.
Complaints about breaches of privacy
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GOOGLE ANALYTICS||Data used to analyse web traffic.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|